Welcome to Great Coates Primary School
Proud of Each Other,
Moving Forward As One
We believe that good teamwork and positive partnerships with individual children, the whole class, our colleagues, with governors, parents and the wider community will lead to effective teaching, high standards and successful learning.
We believe that learning should be fun, purposeful and challenging. Through an effective curriculum we aim to equip each child with the skills they need for lifelong learning. We aim to develop confident learners, who take ownership of their learning are proud of their achievements and are well prepared for life in modern Britain through an developed understanding of British Values.
We believe that every child matters. Through positive attitudes, close partnerships with parents and the wider community we endeavour to develop the whole child, meeting individual needs in a safe and secure environment where differences are celebrated.
- To deliver a high quality teaching and learning experience for our pupils that promotes high standards and accelerated progress for all;
- To promote a love of education for all learners and to equip them with the tools to take ownership of their own learning;
- To promote children’s self-esteem, their rights and responsibilities;
- To create a welcoming atmosphere in school where children, staff, parents and visitors feel valued;
- To have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity;
- To work in local, national and global partnerships in order to strengthen curriculum links and promote an awareness of the wider world;
- To ensure that our pupils feel safe and secure, and enjoy coming to school.
We will do this by:
- Placing teaching and learning at the heart of everything we do;
- Delivering innovative and effective teaching and learning;
- Working in partnership with other schools and businesses;
- Providing an exciting, broad and challenging learning experience;
- Promoting a ‘have a go’ culture where children have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners;
- Promoting the confidence and engagement of parents and carers in the learning of their children and the development of good behaviour.