The purpose of the PSHE curriculum is to provide all pupils with opportunities to:
- Develop confidence and responsibility and make the most of their abilities
- Prepare to play an active role as citizens through developing skills for living and valuing themselves and respecting others
- Develop a healthy lifestyle including good mental health
- Contribute to their community and the wider world and becoming morally and socially responsible
- Develop good relationships and respect the differences between people.
PSHE is delivered throughout the school curriculum and is also taught as a separate lesson. The pupils are taught how to manage feelings effectively and how to nurture strong, positive relationships with both adults and peers. We believe that every child can contribute something worthwhile and we work hard to develop their confidence.